One interesting dynamic shift happening as a consequence of this downturn is the rise of the "house husband". I personally know 2 people who have taken on the non-traditional role of the stay home dad.
Any comments from the past dads ( I mean dads with grown up kids), current dads and future dads?
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38628278/ns/today-parenting/
3 comments:
I know one other. One is a free lance writer (most technical writing) in Bangalore who took about one year off after his baby was born. His wife was working at that time.
My friend did it 30 years back. His wife works in Andhra bank. He cooks, keeps house and brings up children. Very happy they are too, after 30 yrs.
But nature militates against it.
Androgen effect is aggression and quick action.
estrogen effect is maternal instinct and patience.
That is the way it is in nature for the propagation of the species.
Plenty of instances where the male fish gobbles up the spawn and the male tiger eats up the cubs.
A house husband is possible only in humans--the rational animals.
you must have seen bapu movie
mr.pellam. If not you must
Post a Comment