August 26, 2010

Aditya's Book report

As part of homework, Aditya has to write two sentences about a book he reads every night. Last night, he read an Asterix book. The following is his report.

Sentence 1: Today I read Asterix and Obelix and the Laurel Wreath.

Sentence 2: This is about two friends who go to Rome to steal Julius Caesar's Laurel Wreath.

But wait, he does not want to write such a big sentence. He attempts to abbreviate with masterful reasoning.

Aditya: But mommy, why do I have to say "two"? I wrote the names of the friends already. So everyone knows its two.

Krupa: Ok

Aditya: I also need not say "go to Rome". Everyone knows Julius Caesar is in Rome.

Krupa: Ok

Aditya: Also, everyone calls Julius Caesar just "caesar".

Krupa: All right.

Aditya: Why do I have to say "Laurel Wreath"? It says so already in the title. I can write just Wreath.

Krupa: Ok


So, the final sentence ends up as "This is a story about friends who steal Caesar's wreath."

And Homework is Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It only took 15 minutes to write two sentences.

4 comments:

SLN said...

Masterly Brevity

Poonam Tripathi Singampally said...

Adi is so cool. You know Rammi mama's son- Vijay, he is also like this. I hear such kind of arguments a lot between mama and Vijay :)

gopal said...

i propose we call him PANDIT
Aditya.Why?Answer should be explained by krupa

Mrudula Singampalli said...

Oh im missing him so much!!