




Even though I have not yet posted days 2-4, I want to do a quick one about Thursday morning. 20 years ago this day, tanks marched into the pro-democracy student protesters at the "Heaven's Door" or more popularly known as Tian'anmen Square. This morning, as we visited the square on its 20th anniversary, I couldn't but feel blessed to be there. But what surprised me what the fact that no one in China seemed to care as much about it anymore and in fact much of the younger generation did not even know about this. Did it even make a difference? I think so. The protests may have been the catalyst that provoked a lot of the open trade policies that led to people prosperity. The debate goes on.....
Here are a few chosen pics. More later.
3 comments:
There are events, tho' small at THAT time, have a profound impact in the future. It was one of them. We shall have a History session a little later listing 10 important moments in history as per each of us.
True..unfortunately, most of such event seem to demand a significant human sacrifice.
When communism or marxism convert into dictatorship or authoritarianism,these kind of revisionist events occur.they may appear good and correct at that particular time. but no two wrongs ever make a right.
Post a Comment