Sometimes people whom you adore and respect very much make some off the cuff remarks nonchalantly.But they make profound impact on you.Two such persons in my life are my father and my second sis-in -law ,Gowri vadina.I tried my hand at amateurish poetry in my youth.We used to have literary discussions.
Vadina said "it is always better to read 1000 books than writing one sentence.
my father said".better seek pleasure in reading rather than pressure yourself by writing"
I don't say I have read a lot. but I did a bit.Must be it is showing now.
People in whose literary sense I have great belief like sln,sgr,srn,ssk,krups and sasi,krupa are praising my poetry.Thanks to loving father and living sis in law.
2 comments:
Well! any work needs a foundation. obviously your reading "A BIT" has given you the vocabulary, the content and the ideas needed to write.
Obviously SriSri, Pothana and Ravi Sastry are seen in your poetry.
As for the people in whose literary sense you have belief, they are in the other category--the critics--the job is easier and it gives one a great pleasure to point out mistakes--see the list consists of 2 doctors, a lecturer, a teacher, and 3 budding managers. Always criticizing somebody and giving advice.
nostalogy galore!!!
Quite touching and moving from Gopal And Sasi.Incidentally iam always an admirer but not a
critic.dear sln!
Post a Comment