April 18, 2011

Career Fairs and Life!!

ironically, that is what i did the last time!


Hate to agree!! but so very true... (am i generalizing here?)

8 comments:

Krupakar said...

:-)...Quite true, specially the second one.

gopal said...

oh my!
My daughter!

Mrudula Singampalli said...

was that exasperation??
i dont see any reason for pride nanna...and i must admit i failed to see the pun(if there was any) for the first time!

leda..lokagnanam vochindi naku ani exclamation aa? ;-)

Krupakar said...

Dont know about babai's comment, but if this is your life, you better fit in a picture a girl playing sports into that panel, young lady. At least there, you get top notch sports faclities, so start using them!

Krupa Singampalli said...

AAAAAAAAAAH. I typed a long comment and it did not post....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Mrudula Singampalli said...

sports huh!
so, something that i abhor...should become something that i adore...
will try to anna! will try to :-)

once more....
try to kuppakka! try to :-)

P.S. abhor, adore were used just for the effect...i do not have such strong feelings... :D

Krupa Singampalli said...

For the first cartoon, I suspect many in the family are unaware of the story of my first job.

After graduating with my MSEE, I was making the rounds at the job fairs. I had an offer already in hand from Atmel, but the lure of free goodies was too hard to ignore.

I stopped by the Actel booth during the first day of the job fair and snagged a free pen. But when I returned the next day, I spotted Actel offering t-shirts for a resume. The trade-in value for was too good for me, so I visited the Actel booth again. Only this time, my future hiring manager was manning the booth and I had a first round interview on the spot. I was invited for a subsequent round of interview, but I was not interested. IS forced me to attend the interview and I got an offer.

Accepting Actel's offer was probably one of the best decisions of my life. I got my green card in 1.5 yrs through Actel, got 100% paid maternity leave, transitioned from development to marketing, and received partial tuition support for my MBA. SSV also got an internship. Actel was good to me in multiple days. And all because of a T-shirt :-)

Krupakar said...

Mruduls@ If not sports, try Yoga or aerobics. You will start enjoying it after the first few days.

@Krupa: nice story. Good to hear that firms are still offering goodies for attracting talent...I thought it was a buyers market currently, what with the recession and all.