1. Have more salt than pepper in the beard
2. Disapprove of more things than I approve of. Poonam says I have become like Utpal Dutt of Golmaal (cheap shot)
3. My reaction is shock & disgust but Uncle’s son finds it funny
4. h8 it wen ppl rite lyk dis
5. A zeal for eating that rivals Bakaasura’s
6. Dinner without dessert? Impossible!
7. Losing the will to hold in my stomach
8. Lost the will long ago to actually do something about it
9. Can’t believe I used to find Jeffrey Archer & Sidney Sheldon gripping
10. Nostalgic about silly things
11. Those kids are out of control! (unlike us goody kids)
12. Too many conversations start with ‘In our days’
13. If you are not Batman, why show off your underwear?
14. Great pleasure from cheap victories over wife and vice versa (refer point 2)
15. Brood over aging enough to make lists of its signs
7 comments:
first time when a twenty odd year old boy calls you "uncle" instead of calling you "brother"you will get the hitherto unknown taste and shock of your age.
Argh...that sure would hurt :-)
And once I was returning from office in the elevator one kid tells the other kid don't be scared to go alone this aunty will drop you on your floor...grrrr....(and I was JUST 23 at that time :) )
fast forward.at yr age our gen was just struggling.you are 15yr faster in everything.so at 35 you feel 50.
well
after you get used to it you get advantages.
people offer chairs .you get listened with attention in staff meetings
get paid more in coaching centers(you are like old wine)
now a days getting seats offered in city buses(nice to see even young boys to do it)
actually one lady conductor showed me the seat reserved for senior citizens
enjoy the benefits
In India Everyone is an uncle/aunt or tata/ammamma.
Oh what the heck! as SRN says, it has all its advantages too.
Finally you are as young as you feel.
Don't let age catch up with you (you = mind and not body--because your mind is really what you are!)
Don't bother about what others say.
(when senu was a KG student--I was 37 and some kid near sivalayam pointed me out to his friend and said"see! there goes seenu's father --so you see,by then itself my identity was lost.)
Words of wisdom indeed from everyone. In reality, I am quite comfy where I am. As I just heard J. K. Rowling say in her biography, 'It is not childhood, teens or youth, but middle age that is good for me.' And I guess it just gets better after that.
Post a Comment