June 17, 2008

Lazy Jock in the family

Trickle,flood well what to say
I am the aberration to the singampalli clan. (Darn it....I cant even rhyme 2 lines)

I see discussions around books,kavitvam and paintings
I feel wow!!!!
How come I never read books and suck at other things and skill games( Suttivelu ones..where SLK is the expert)?

Lets analyze

a )Maybe SLN/SGR found me in the Pondy fish market
Evidence pointing towards my mediocrity(non-singampallity in some circles) is overwhelming......
1. Cried to get prizes
3. Average student till 10th class( Teachers complained I didnt attend tuitions like others)
4. Paid money to pass 10th class in Hindi(no I did not)
5. Only pidi..cant apply anything( I was the only guy in whole Kavali to have gotten 28/30 in Physics practicals)
6. People asking me if I can actually write code!!!
etc etc (cant even number properly)

b)A book shelf fell on me when I was a child
Flashes of singampallity:
1. I did pass all my exams with out any help
2. Did all my studying in Kavali and turned out all right
3. Did average 80% in engineering (with minimal effort..yes I said it)
4. Had 4.0 for a long time( Its 3.95 now :( )

List of stupid things:
1. Tightrope on walls
2. Go kayaking in raging waters without moms approval
3. Defy SLN ( OMG...can that ever be done? yes, I am the only living proof.. )
I know its a little twisted but I like being evil hence I am "you know who"


From the above options I am going with brain trauma...
Lost a few singampalli attributes but got some attributes which helped me become the Jock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock ) that I am.

Now the next question,if you are a singampalli why dont you post to the group?

Upon further introspection 2 things seem to standout:

1. Being lazy(99.98% of the reason)
Exactly.....I am not a lurker in this blog....I am just lazy to post

2. Sports (other percentage)
I get my kicks bowling the perfect yorker or taking a great leaping catch infront of the boundary (I also have to make decisions like should I slide into third or just play it safe and make the out considering "badhyatalu nettina padutunnayi")

I am nowhere close to being the best (read decent,good enough) in what I do but am passionate for sure about it.Maybe that is the singampalli trait, havent thought about it.
Anything that requires real thinking, I will designate it to the brain trust to figure out (read "the real singampallis"--to be posted)

My life goes as: (in a week )
Being Lazy: 88 hrs
Work: 50 hrs
Sports:20 hrs
Talking to you know who 2( evil by association): 10 hrs


I have decided to stop being lazy in life ( amma will be thinking "nammare...nenu maranante nammare") and amazingly I have a lot of time on my hands.

Expect active participation.
Thanks Saradatta for prodding


--S /You know who (Evil Genius)
Days to D-day -53

5 comments:

srikanth said...

what a heartfelt writing seenanna!!!But I still remember your EAMCET rank of 1100 which is 3rd best in family and your KCET rank 235 which you achieved effortlessly.These ranks speak of your quality.I will never agree that you are an average student.I remember you topping the class in EAMCET tests conducted in sir Raman college.I can simply say that you are modest and brilliant.

gopal said...

SEENU!
Studious lazy-bones.
Most mature ever green child
Lovable little imp.
That is how you will be remembered by me forever.

ssk said...

chinni chinni allari seenu
u made me emotional and brought
tears ur the most subtle and practial seenu to me

Krupakar said...

Nice one Seenu :-) I think you are a better writer than you give yourself credit for.

As for the feeling of not having achieved much...I think that is a common Singampalli failing of our generation, thanks to high standards set by our parents and forebears :)

swathi said...

hi sinanna
how are u?
eager to see you as
bridegroom.