October 6, 2014

The Family Reunion in USA

When you have only two things you can compare, you can't use superlative-- but, at the cost of  criticism from Saradakumari, I shall say that this is the best trip to USA I have had.
The combined effort of the gang of Singampallis and their spouses in the arrangement of Koluvu was stupendous and the result was astounding. When Krupa dressed up in a sari and played the hostess, Sudha, Mrudula and Lavi did the work and headed the cleaning gang. But for their artistry, the handmade things would not have been so worthy of appreciation. The cooperation of IS, SSV and most importantly me , by keeping away from the scene of action was invaluable. Of course IS did contribute to the arrangement of lights etc. Gouri was in her element ordering everyone around and arranging things.
I had a great time with my children and children in laws. The grandchildren were the reason for my trip and I had a grand time playing with them. My other daughters and Aneesh were great company.
With so many people around, it was Ganesh time. (any house, anytime somebody there for pressing my legs.)
The trip to LA was the highlight of this visit. The steady and safe driving by IS, the entertainment provided by Krupa, Mrudula, Lavanya, Sudha and Aneesh on the trip to LA were very good. The noise from the back seats while playing charades was enough to keep IS alert and even the surrounding traffic was affected, I am sure.
Aradhya was very beautiful ( if it was Facebook, I would have used the frivolous cute or cho chweet). The Tripathis were nice and happy company and the way they also entered the fray in dumb charades was great. Aneesh and Chaitanya are nice company- ready to enter into any activity and were fun to be with. The inventiveness and imagination displayed in playing dumb charades were really super with the first place to Chaithanya and second place to Lavi. Gowri was a popular performer as can be seen in the photo in Krupakar's post. The kids loved the mamas ( Aneesh andChaithanya) and were VERY enamoured of  Attas (even the newcomer Manasatta).

The group photo was very entertaining being a Kappala Thakkeda and finally we got it done.
We were very sorry to see off Chaithanya and Manasatta and we will miss Aneesh when he goes off .
Finally, it will be difficult to start back. I will miss the children but Kavali calls and I have to respond.
So, I repeat- this  is my best trip to USA.

6 comments:

Krupa Singampalli said...

It's easy enough to remedy the superlative challenge....one more trip :-)

Mrudula Singampalli said...

Kuppakka sometimes its creepy telepathy!! I opened the comment dialog box to say the exact same thing that u already wrote!! :) :)

Again pedananna again!! :) say the word and tickets shall be postponed...

SLN said...

Please read the last part again. Did I not say something about Kavali?

Mrudula Singampalli said...

2 words - selective memory!

lavanya said...

Thank you for the second place. Half the credit goes to kuppakka for coming up with torture inducing movie titles and the other half goes to Mrudula and Vadina for coming up with random guesses for words!!

mine was "Beedala Paatlu"...Kuppakka? Seriously? :D

lavanya said...

As for the trip, pedananna...DONT GO!!!PLEASEEEE :(
We will miss you terribly!!