February 27, 2010

Promotion

I just got promoted to Director of Product Management at Rainmaker Systems today. Birthday was Srinivas's and I got the gift :-)

All in all Rainmaker has been a good company for me. Transition from Engineering to Marketing, Title change, two promotions, one when joining a grade above, and another now, a relaxing quarter with part time employment which helped get my weight and health under control. This worked out great, even if there were a few uncertain times with the whole downturn, coming close to a lay-off, surviving somehow and navigating some pretty turbulent times in the company history.

I have taken on a pretty big challenge over the next few months, moving our company into doing business in Latin America and Europe, a very valuable experience for my career in the long run!!!!!!!!!!

I will actually share some of those details in the blog, so you all can appreciate the challenges in conducting business oversees.

2 comments:

Krupakar said...

Congrats, krupa- that is great news :-)Looks like Rainmaker is a watershed in your career ;-)

More importantly, glad you are getting more fit as well. Keep that up for sure.

Did you talk to Satish?

SRN said...

congrats krupa
happy birthday seeanu

durga plnni
ranga babai