T shirthesithi Jeans thodigithin mahaa jakettule mosithin
Burgarlun Pizzalu mesavithin swethangi vaddinpaga
soupul beerulu thravithin ruchulu dosambanchu ponadithin
thandree mahagrajaa dayaraada mrudupanya nirvyapaaripy
THandree it is fatherland in west
mahaagrajaa ---big brother
mrudupanya nirvyaparipy---software unemployed
i request my personal steno (sln) to edit and rewrite this along with the original పోఎం
HENCE
personal steno (sln) edited and rewrote as well as wrote as follows:---
టీ షర్టేసితి జీన్స్ తొడిగితిన్ మహా జాకెట్టులే మోసితిన్
బర్గర్లున్ పిజ్జాలు మెసవితిన్ శ్వేతాంగి వడ్డింపగా
సూపుల్ బీరులు త్రావితిన్ రుచులు దోసంబనుచు పోనాడితిన్
తండ్రీ మహాగ్రజ దయరాదా మృదుపణ్య నిర్వ్యాపారిపై?
శ్వేతాంగి= white limbed (white woman)
తండ్రీ =father (land)
మహాగ్రజ = big brother
మృదు= soft
పణ్య= something that can be sold(ware)
నిర్వ్యాపారిపై= on the unemployed (nir vyapari pi)
The above is a parody on what poet Sreenadha (An egotistical Megalomaniac great poet) had written when he visited the backward Karnataka (those days!).
Now we see a software guy-- out west, out of a job-- praying in the same vein.
here is the original for yr reading pleasure--
కుళ్ళాయుంచితి కోకచుట్టితిని మహాకూర్పాసమున్ దాల్చితిన్
వెల్లుల్లిన్ తిలపిష్టమున్ మెసవితిన్ విశ్వస్త వడ్డింపగా
చల్లా యంబలి త్రావితిన్ రుచులు దోసంబంచు పోనాడితిన్
తల్లీ కన్నడరాజ్యలక్ష్మి దయ లేదా ఏను శ్రీనాధుడన్
I wore a headdress (pagdi), wore a saree and had that piece of cloth draped over my body ( the traditional kannada dress being made fun of by Sreenadha)
I ate garlic and the til cake (sesame cake after oil extraction)--{was that a traditional Kannada breakfast?} --that too when served by a widow! (widows were looked down upon in those days-particularly in Andhra Brahmin families)
drank buttermilk with ragi ambali (sangati)--{even today in Bangalore hotels you can get Ragi mudda ( these were dry crops looked down upon by the rice eating delta poets)} and gave up on thinking about tasty food-in fact I felt that it is a sin to think of Tastes.
O kannada rajyalakshmi! my mother! please show mercy on me, Sreenadha!
and to finish it off, let me tell you that he died a pauper, owing taxes and punished by the king.
Pride always goes before a fall! But he was a great poet and enjoyed a lavish life.
1 comment:
Excellent original poem (with which I can perhaps sympathize, since I am in Kannada rajya now, although I like several things as well) and excellent parody as well. For a second, I thought you were talking about yourself, Pinni :-)
Post a Comment