September 26, 2009

The Reading Bug

Looks like Aditya inherited the Singampalli book reading gene. He reads books at the table, in the car, in the bath room, in bed and every place imaginable. I am amazed at his ability to understand and apply the concepts, at 5 years of age. Amara Chitra Katha books are his favorites and he reads Jataka Tales a lot, in which there is a story about an Ant and a Rogue Elephant. So one day, apparently, a bigger kid in school makes fun of Adi, saying "you are small". So, Adi goes, "You know, mighty brawn is no match for a nimble brain", repating the moral from the story, which I am sure went wayyyyyyyyyy over the other kid's head :-)

The only trouble now is he keeps asking me meaning of words, like "abode" and "propiate" and "hermitage" and "celibate". I need to teach him how to use a dictionary and I am home free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: