Honey - Milk and Chocolate Challa breads; Knife-licking good Chocolate spread and Blackberry Jam; Honey loaf cake and cakelets; Molten lava cake and Chocolate cookies.
Just a few of the goodies I made in the last couple of weeks....
Aditya's love or rather adamance for fresh / high-quality foods is driving a lot of my baking/cooking.
He perfers to eat foods fresh out of the oven/stove top and does not really like to eat re-heated food. While often times he is forced to each them due to practical reasons, his clear preference is very obvious.
For example, the chocolate cookies I made, he liked enough to eat 3. But they became just a tad dry next day, barely noticable for ordinary mortals such as me and Srinivas. The extremely refined palette of GVSLN's grandson refused to eat the said cookies the following day...(amma tells me of Nanna's extremely picky eating habits)
This weekend, he wanted a Chocolate cake. I did not have good cocoa to make said cake, so I used a common (read cheap), Hershey brand cocoa. The cake "did not taste good"!!!!! So yesterday, I made a molten chocolate cake with high quality chocolate chips, which was gobbled up instantly.....
The only days when lunch box comes home empty is if I pack fresh rice + fresh Bendakai / Plain Pappu or Home made Perugu.
I do have to acknowledge one fact though. If there is no food at home that he likes, he will happily survive with a banana, some milk , perugu annam or pappu annam with oodles of Buffalo( not cow) Ghee. He does not gravitate to junk foods....only High Quality (read super expensive) Chocolate Truffles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 comments:
Oh yes, I remember those days of overindulgence in California, with your larder and my stomach perpetually straining at the seams! Poonam has also picked up quite a bit on the bread and pizza baking side. Not cakes though. And please pass on my message to the young Padawan: "Strongest with who eats the best, the force is. Yes, hmmm."
తిండి కలిగితె కంఢ కలదోయ్.
కండ కలవాడే మనిషి
Young Aditya's distinctive food habits are distinctly interesting!
And having a bit of hand in it myself, I think we should make time to do some baking together when you next come Krupa...
Btw Kuppamma, may I suggest it would be a good idea if Aditya takes a bit of cow milk as well somehow...
As we know traditionally, it is an essential ingredient for the finer aspects of health and intellectual development, esp in kids.
They get only Cow's Milk there.
@Anna, he drinks a lot of cow's milk. In fact, he mostly survives on milk, sweet yogurt and yogurt rice!!!
@Sasanna, certainly. It may happen sooner than you think!
That will be good Krupa...
Yes, I knew they sell only cow's milk there - which is why I was wondering when Krupa mentioned buffalo ghee... thought they were getting it from some Indian store.
So good to know that Aditya is a proper 'pappannam-perugannam' Telugu kid then!
Anna, we get regular parcels of the Buffalo ghee from India :-)
Post a Comment