This is something I am hoping to send to The Hindu- after I practice what I am preaching for a bit. Pl. let me know what you think about it...and any edit suggestions. http://easyriders.rediffblogs.com
well H'mm! lemme see! I like that bit about "PRACTISING WHAT YOU ARE PREACHING" The gentlest gentleman becomes a roaring tiger once he sits behind a wheel. of course, it is due to the unruly traffic that consists of uncouth drivers. Do an exercise in precise writing lest you lose your audience halfway through. Best of lock sln
A well constructed argument, albeit a bit wordy. Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. In spite of being in a land of "ruly traffic", I do occasionally succumb to the temptation, sometimes with consequences( two traffic tickets). I suppose "You can take me out of India, but you cannot take India out of me. "
P.S. I remember the quote but not the author. Appreciate a little help there :-(
2 comments:
well H'mm! lemme see!
I like that bit about "PRACTISING WHAT YOU ARE PREACHING"
The gentlest gentleman becomes a roaring tiger once he sits behind a wheel.
of course, it is due to the unruly traffic that consists of uncouth drivers.
Do an exercise in precise writing lest you lose your audience halfway through.
Best of lock
sln
A well constructed argument, albeit a bit wordy. Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. In spite of being in a land of "ruly traffic", I do occasionally succumb to the temptation, sometimes with consequences( two traffic tickets). I suppose "You can take me out of India, but you cannot take India out of me. "
P.S. I remember the quote but not the author. Appreciate a little help there :-(
Post a Comment