December 18, 2024

Christmas Haiku

 Hi, its me Pranav again. In school, lately, my teachers are teaching me how to write poems. I can write Acrostic poems, Haikus and Shape poems. I wrote this Christmas haiku and wanted to share it with you all!


Reindeers in the sky

Sleigh bells are ringing very loud

Can you see Santa?

🎄🎅🎁🍪🥛

3 comments:

Krupakar said...

Well done Pranav :)

Krupakar said...

The next time you should try to introduce a 'twist' in the last line of the poem that upends the reader's mental picture from the first two lines. The idea is to bring a fresh perspective to nature and the home truths of life. I believe that is part of the charm of Haikus. For example you have the famous haiku by Basho:

"From time to time,
The clouds give rest
To the moon-beholders"

Here the poet is cleverly conveying that it is monsoon time and the clouds & the moon together make a beautiful sight. Instead of saying that directly, he says that folks continuously admiring the moon's beauty are getting a rest due to the clouds. Makes it more interesting, isn't it?

Mrudula Singampalli said...

Thank you pedananna for your advise. I will try and do it next time.