Hi everyone, this summer I am attending my first virtual book club. We are discussing the book “Fantastic Mr.Fox” by Roland Dahl. The book club is organized by Alameda County Library. After I read a book I like talking about the characters and the story, so mom suggested that attending this book club will give me the opportunity to do the same.
The first book club was on June 16th. We have 6 students (including me), the librarian (Tara), and the book club leader. Our book club leader is a rising freshman named Yuvraj Waila from San Jose Misson school. All the students in our book club are fourth graders. One of my school friends Vivek is also attending the book club.
At the beginning of the session, we all introduced ourselves and we talked to each other for a few minutes. We read and discussed the first seven chapters in the book. I had a good time talking to the group about the story and the characters. For the next session, we have to read the next seven chapters. I am looking forward to the next session.
5 comments:
Good job Arjun.
Thank you Gopal Tatha, Today we had the second session and I enjoyed the session and I liked it.
You mom is the smartest person I know :)
She gave your inquisitive mind and your opinions a nice outlet!
I love that you are doing this. Book clubs are a great way to discover new books and friends.
Did you learn anything new by listening to the others in your book club? Did any of their thoughts/opinions broaden your views?
Great job Arjun. Having new friends is always good. Any literary activity will broaden your mind.Way to go.
Good job Arjuni! Happy reading! :)
Post a Comment