April 26, 2014

LOSING BATTLE

When I see myself in mirror do I find Alfred Hitchcock with his nice chin. May be I am great .Or do I see Nagam(biyyam) Janardana Reddy? I hate my self.In a Letter  to Durga who has gone to Tenali to deliver Vidya, I was lamenting about weight increase from kg 62 to 68,because of scooter.Now 4 years  after coming to Hyderabad my weight increased from a steady72 to 84 .Great efforts
Like giving up sweets(of course partially), walking ,taking buttermilk instead of curd  I am now76.Dr Vijayakumar of Vijaya nursing home,Cheennai, says you must maintain 60 kg  for your height.  SLN,SGR always chide me.
    why people who eat heftily ,keep slim,where as even a small indulgence increases  weight is a great mystery.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.
(dedicated to all the dieters in the family)
P.S.Thanks to Madhurima who suggested this post



3 comments:

Krupakar said...

As I finish eating my last spoonful of ice cream, I have to say that rigid food control is the only thing that works, babai. No amount of exercise or occasional sweet control will help as long as we do our Singampalli style snacking. For example, today I ate: 6 idlis, 1 tea, a light lunch, a lemonade, a doughnut, 1 tea, 5 dosas, a cup of ice cream... and this is one of my better days. I am sure I could have managed with half of that.

But you can do it, babai... Just requires single minded focus and support from pinni (so making delicious snacks, pinni!). Just need to make sure there are no snacks in the house.

Perhaps the fitness experts of the family (madhu, Krupa, mruduls, aneesh) can comment.

Krupakar said...

That is "so no making delicious snacks, pinni"

SLN said...

"Battle of the Bulge" VERY difficult to win.