Aditya and Justin run into each others houses without "making play dates", playing together until shooed away by the moms.
Justin and Jeet know where the snacks are in my house and take snacks without "asking for permission".
Our neighbors, the Patels', grandson squeals to come over when Arjun and Aditya run around in our backyard, prompting his dad/mom to visit us in pajamas, walking through our "messy" living room.
The old Chinese couple living on the other side pluck lemons from our backyard lemon tree without "asking us".
I call out the Patels and the Chinese neighbors over my backyard fences to hand them over plums from our tree.
As soon as Srinivas starts playing baseball with Aditya in the front yard, kids from 4 different houses around start joining, along with their dads, for an impromptu "baseball game".
And to highlight, Srinivas was making masala in a "rolu" eschewing the grinder, and I send Aditya to the Patels to "borrow" some kottimera(Green Dhania)!
Makes me wonder.....am I in America? Or in India? :-)
2 comments:
Amalgamation of cultures! A little India in Newark.
And I forgot to say, I ran into someone wearing a nightie with a chunni over it in Michaels's Store today!!!!
Post a Comment