January 15, 2013

Kuppamma Vaakitlo Gobbemma Muggu (KVGM)



Our usual Sankranthi celebration has a new addition this year, a gobbemma. In lieu of Avu Peda (Cow Dung), which, while available in abundance here ( all I need is to hike a trail on Mission peak), might spark complaints from neighbors, I improvised using modeling clay. Decoration is by amma.

Of course, the festivities started with bhogi pallu amid cheers of "Money, Money...I want more Money" by the kids and ended with a sumptuous lunch served andhra sytle.

We had special out of state visitors this time, Sudha's sister's family from St.Louis.

The Menu: Appadalu, Pulihora, Kobbari Patchadi, Nimmakaya Vuragaya, Nuvvula Parchadi, Sajjappalu, Potato Allam kura, Gummadi Kaya Payasam, Kakarakaya Kura, Sorakaya Majjiga Pulu, Paalakura pappu, Garelu and Perugu.

Bhogi pallu - amid screams of Money Money


 



2 comments:

Krupakar said...

Excellent. Happy Sankranti to everyone.

Mrudula Singampalli said...

Happy Sankranti anna :)