December 31, 2012

ROOM UPSTAIRS

The room upstairs in our house  is unique.For a 12X12  room it used to have 6 windows and two doors.It is highly ventilated ,cool in summers(they were not so severe those days)and warm in wintertime.SRM used to sleep in nights and read poems to my mother.I mentioned about this previously.later it was SLN,SGR s bed room then ours It was platform for plays, card games,mini party s,tutions, and many other activities.Am leaving for others to fill in details of their memories.

2 comments:

Krupa Singampalli said...

Babai, that room was the location for many a bommala koluvu. The verandah outside was the study area for us (students avert their eyes: by studying I mean the hiding of Chandamamas inside text books).

I was quite disappointed during my last visit to India that I could not sleep outdoors like I used to because of the mosquito infestation.

Poonam Tripathi Singampally said...

I remember Kanth used to study their during his engineering days. I didn't know that the room has been there since tatagaru's days.