Is this really a surprise that needs a study? Facebook just replaced the school cliques or "kitty parties" as the place to show off your life.
I have been actively unsubscribing from the relentless feeds of a few "friends" over the past few months, declutturing my online social life much like I had my home life.
"The research comes amid increasing evidence that young people are becoming increasingly narcissistic, and obsessed with self-image and shallow friendships."
I disagree with this particular comment though!!!!! I am not sure if Facebook is making people increasingly narcissistic or if people who are already narcissistic are more active on facebook.......
http://m.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/17/facebook-dark-side-study-aggressive-narcissism?cat=technology&type=article
Comment / Thoughts??? Any one defending facebook??? For once I am arguing on the conservative side of things :-)
I have been actively unsubscribing from the relentless feeds of a few "friends" over the past few months, declutturing my online social life much like I had my home life.
"The research comes amid increasing evidence that young people are becoming increasingly narcissistic, and obsessed with self-image and shallow friendships."
I disagree with this particular comment though!!!!! I am not sure if Facebook is making people increasingly narcissistic or if people who are already narcissistic are more active on facebook.......
http://m.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/17/facebook-dark-side-study-aggressive-narcissism?cat=technology&type=article
Comment / Thoughts??? Any one defending facebook??? For once I am arguing on the conservative side of things :-)
2 comments:
I just cannot believe my eyes! :-)Way to go, Krupa!
I partly agree with you. People who are already narcissistic flock to "flockbook".
But then, those who did not have an opportunity now have one.
Many people who have difficulty in speaking directly, do well when they start writing. They overcome their shyness and express themselves. In a way that is good, for it draws them out. If they slowly start admiring their online acumen or expressiveness, they tend to become narcissistic.
Finally, it is fueled by the inane comments that are hollow. Words of admiration and praise that are not deserved make it a farce.
It is a good idea, slowly turning into a circus by the KIDS for whom everything is rosy and every relationship is a lasting one that lasts a few months.
But don't worry, the world has been going to hell in a dogcart slowly for the last few centuries and will go on. Everything is transient and no damage done in the end.
Post a Comment