November 24, 2011

Done with my shopping already!!!!

No need to wake up early, stay up late, or stand in line.
I got my luggage set, pea coat, a few winter clothes and a jacket for Adi, all online. They will be ready in the store to be picked up in a couple of days. I decided to pass on the cookwear set, and buy only the 2 pieces I need.

One thing I bought, and I really feel bad buying is a printer. I bought a printer last year for $50, and I have been using it all year. Now it is out of ink. Replacement ink for that printer costs $35, and a new printer costs $25. Imagining the resource wastage pains me....I might just cancel that order and buy the ink for $10 more.....

Past few weeks I have been trying my hand at baking bread at home, without all preservatives that go into store bought foods, with great success. I made yeast bread with milk which is slightly more dense and slightly more sweet that a typical store bread. Now Aditya and Srinivas are hooked on the homemade bread and want me to make it regularly. So I decided to buy the Zojirushi breadmaker, a Japanese brand one. The cost was down about $130 by buying today, to about $140, as this is somewhat an expensive appliance. But it is worth it to inhale that fresh baking bread fragrance and eat warm bread right out of the oven. Apparently it can also make homemade jam, so look forward to some culinary experiment posts from me.

3 comments:

SRN said...

new ink jet rs 1000 or so but can get it refilled for rs 300 and it is as good as a new one. don't you have such things there?

Krupa Singampalli said...

Babai, it is a disposable culture here. Unfortunately, fixing something costs more than making something, since the former needs more human intervention.

SLN said...

the laborer is worthy of his (very expensive)hire.