May 20, 2011

Singampalli Picture Quiz

Identify the following:

Who is this girl?

Where was this snap taken? (note the outrageous checkered bell-bottoms!)

Who is the young lady on the right extreme and who is the young girl on the left extreme?
Who are the 2 youths?
Who is the photographer and who is the subject?


Who is the man in the dhoti (I don't know the answer either)?

9 comments:

SLN said...

I am probably the ONLY guy who can. So let usawait the answers from the rest.

Krupa Singampalli said...

I can identify all folks in the pictures, except the last one. Can't say about the location of the second one though.

Krupakar said...

Well this is a quiz...identify away, Krupa!

SLN said...

That was my quarters in KatteriKuppam inPondicherry! so now--

Krupa Singampalli said...

Ok, here goes..
1) Bhargavi Peddamma
2)From left to right: Kuppanna, me, sasanna, saradatta
3) Ranga babai, Viswam babai and sasanna
4) Subject is sasanna
5) dunno

SLN said...

Man in the last pic is Ch. Kondaiah, our sedyagadu.
The second one shows Sasi, vadina, Subba Rao, Krupakar and me in my famous bellbottoms.

Krupakar said...

well not much of a quiz, since I have a limited set of snaps here.

I think the 5th photo was taken by you, SLN babai? I remember that some of the babais were interested in photography- also remember an old SLR in a brown leather cover. Many of the old snaps I have here had careful lighting and positioning.

SRN said...

The fourth & last happen to be baby Krupakar being carried by Viswam & Kondiah - Not Sasidhar!

Mrudula Singampalli said...

i cant believe i missed this! Abt recognizing: Children hell no! couldnt recognize any...elders: yes! :-) could recognize saradatta, ranga pdn, bhargavi pdm, subbarao pdn and sln pdn...
viswam babai :-) i couldnt recognize u... attribute half of it to the tilt of the head plz!